I’m always paying attention to new technology and design; nothing thrills me more than advancements in the realm of style. When I had the opportunity to test drive the hybrid version of the Lexus LC 500 during the week of our art show, SPECTRA, I was beyond excited.
First and foremost, the idea that it is possible to combine a hybrid system with the sleek features of a sports car was fascinating to me! These two ideas often seem in opposition but the Lexus was able to pull off this unlikely combination with finesse. Even more appealing, the caviar exterior with red leather was quite a sexy number, and stood out from most eco-friendly alternatives on the market. I also was able to test drive a gas-reliant version of the LC 500, a smoky granite mica exterior and toasted caramel interior.
The features on this 2018 vehicle are abundant (though not limited to):
- 471 Horsepower and V8 Engine: It was so fun to zoom around - I could shoot ahead like warp speed!
- 10-speed Automatic Transmission: The direct shift is incredibly smooth, offering a pleasant ride that is backed with a powerful system.
- Futuristic functionality: The glass roof and triple-projector LED headlamps are made with pure technological grace.
- Temperature comfort: Including a dual climate concierge and heated and ventilated seats, especially great for the humid Atlanta summers.
- Optional features: To name a few, you can add power seats for extra shoulder and lumbar support, heated leather-trim steering wheel, alloy wheels.
The door handles are sheer and then pop out when you unlock the car. This little bit of luxury that Lexus has achieved is a lovely touch. And the Mark Levinson stereo made the new Janelle Monae sound beyond epic on our evening cruise. Overall the Lexus LC 500 is very responsive and streamlined. For a 2-door sports coupe, this car combines the ideology of luxury and speed dreams into one stylish future-forward package.